Thursday, April 5, 2012

Whilst I Miss You


One fine evening, as I looked back,
I found every thing in my life
leading up to you,
and my future lonesome without you.
So I decided to tell you that day,
how much I think about you.

Whilst on the beaches, as I walked
on the smooth sand, feeling the cold waves
brushing my feet, I looked at the setting sun,
and all I could think of, was you;
all I wished was, for you to be beside me,
for us to bask in this beauty together,
gently smiling and gazing into the evening sky.

Whilst on the rocky hills, as I walked
by the valley road, breathing in its freshness,
feeling the morning wind lift me,
all I longed for, was you;
all I dreamed of, was your smile,
your touch on my hands, as we welcome together
a new beginning, with happy and content hearts.

Whilst in the crowded cities, as I drove
by the rushing cars, feeling the cacophony
overcoming me, taking me into oblivion,
all that my heart yearned for, was you;
all that I needed was, your company,
to wade through the raging commotion,
overcome the towering buildings,
and be together in thick and thin.

Whilst in my room, as I lay back
on my wooden chair, give words to my feeling,
pour my soul into the paper, even today
all that concerns me, is you;
all that I worry about, is your happiness;
for you to keep beaming with warmth and tenderness
and see the whole world with your innocent eyes,
whether with me or without me.

2 comments: